Instructional Options 2020-2021
Options for the 2020-2021 school year due to the COVID19 Pandemic are listed below please review the information and make a determination as to which instructional option you will select by July 24, 2020.
MHHS 2020-2021 School Year Educational Options
This document contains everything you need to know!
Link to Instructions on completing forms for the Online Program and the Hybrid Program (forms are due by 7/24/20 at 11:59pm)
Link to Slide Show used in Community Information Meetings
Link to video recording of Community Information Meetings
Link to FAQ
Link to list of Edgenuity Courses offered
Still have questions?
Contact the Vice Principals for any questions about these options that you need answered prior to completing the form on 7/24/20:
- Kamal Pannu - Last names A-L email@example.com
- Athena Duran - Last names M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
Do Not contact the counselor as counselors do not return to school until after the form is due on 7/24/20 at 11:59pm
- Fully online learning where students do not come on campus at all
- Supported by credentialed teachers at MHHS with ability to get virtual support and intervention from teachers through video conferencing.
- Online Proctored assessments taken on school-issued Chromebooks
- The online curriculum used is Edgenuity. Click here for the list of courses offered through Edgenuity at Mountain House High School
- Here are some of the MHHS site-based classes not offered through Edgenuity (please check the link for a comprehensive list of Edgenuity offerings)
- AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science Applications, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Studio Art, AP Economics, Engineering, Biomedical Science, Computer Science, Digital Art, Photography, Video Productions, Drama, Dance, Choir, Band, Orchestra, Guitar, Culinary, Technical Communications, Art, Ceramics, Chinese
- On-campus face-to-face courses that require specialized equipment, certain labs, hands-on components, or performance components are not available
- All courses meet high school graduation and 4-year college readiness requirements
- University of California “a-g” approved curriculum
- NCAA approved curriculum
- Students may choose any combination of online courses and face-to-face courses, up to 7 total courses
- Students may choose all 7 courses as face-to-face courses if they wish
- For each face-to-face class the student is enrolled in they will attend two 75-minute class periods each week during distance learning, and one 75-minute class period each week during face-to-face instruction. A total of 4 periods will be offered each day, so depending on the number of face-to-face classes in a students’ schedule, they could attend up to 2 days maximum per week.
- Face-to-face courses are taught by a fully credentialed MHHS teacher on campus and the work assigned for the other 4 days is assigned by the MHHS teacher
- Online courses are offered through Edgenuity and a fully credentialed MHHS teacher will support the student learning in the course
- Approximately half the student body will be on campus each day
- For face-to-face classes, class sizes will be reduced to allow for maximum physical distancing.
- Occasional on-campus attendance required for proctoring assessments for online and face-to-face classes.
- Occasional on-campus attendance required for direct intervention and support from teachers for online and face-to-face classes
- Safety protocols on campus will be followed as dictated by current requirements from local, state and federal guidelines in regards to the following:
- Physical Distancing
- Use of personal protective equipment (Masks, shields, barriers, etc.)
- Facility cleaning/disinfection
- Who may come onto campus
- Every classroom will be sanitized daily, while restrooms will be sanitized hourly