Due to the pandemic MHHS will allow students to work towards their community service requirements by completing tasks that look different than a typical school year.
I would like to point out that the MHHS Administration fully understands that the most common places and ways to complete your community services hours have been put off limits due to the current safety guidelines.
At this time we would like to offer a variety of options as ideas to continue to work on completing your community service hours while remaining in your home. Please see the list below for ideas and ways to still complete your community service hours.
- Sew protective hospital masks and donate to a local hospital (Hospital Mask Details)
- Send letters to essential workers (first responders, medical field workers, grocery store workers, ect.)
- Send letters to the troops
- Donating blood
- Tutor fellow students digitally
- Offer to read a story to one of the K-8 classes
- Come up with a plan to donate stuffed animals when appropriate
- Knit or crochet baby blankets to be donated to hospitals or homeless shelters
- Organize games and activities for children in hospitals to be done digitally
- Put on performances for children in hospitals digitally
- Give free music lessons to K-8 students digitally
- Read to residents at a nursing home digitally
- Mow an elderly neighbor's lawn
- Write letters to give to nursing homes
- Pick up medicine for an elderly neighbor
- Perform a concert or play at a senior center digitally
- Plant flowers or help in the garden at home
- Produce a neighborhood newspaper
- Create a TV or radio public service announcement against drug and alcohol use
- Help your family clean out a closet/ garage area
- Help your family with any big spring cleaning projects
While coming up with your community service hours plan please only participate or perform in activities that follow all current local guidelines. You are not limited to only completing items on this list. Once you have completed any activities please fill out your aeries log.
If you have specific questions about your community service please reach out to your Vice Principal.
For students last names A-L email Kpannu@lammersvilleusd.net
For students last names M-Z email Aduran@lammersvilleusd.net
Students may now input their community service directly into their student portals in Aeries. Supervisor contact information must be included for all entries to be verified before hours are officially counted.
-Click below for-
|Graduating Class||Aeries Submission/ Approval Deadline||200-299 Hour Award||300+ Hour Award|
|2021||March 19th, 2021||