The NCAA Eligibility Center has tons of helpful resources to guide students and parents in the planning/preparing process.
NCAA also offers a FREE online course for student-athletes that we strongly encourage prospective students and parents to take. Click HERE to access this amazing resource.
Please review MHHS's list of Approved NCAA Courses.
The College Bound Athlete's Responsibilities
Students are responsible for maintaining their academics throughout high school. These requirements will help keep them on track for meeting academic initial-eligibility standards.
- Students review the NCAA guide for college bound athletes.
- Students review the Division 1 and Division 2 fact sheets.
- Students notify their assigned high school counselor of their plans to play college level sports.
- Students register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at eligibilitycenter.org.
- Students work with their school counselor to ensure they will graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
- Students take the ACT or SAT and submit their scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center using code 9999.
- Students ask their counselor to upload their official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center at the end of the year.
- Students complete last NCAA core courses.
- Students take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and submit their scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center using code 9999.
- Students should apply to the school of their choosing and confirm they have been accepted.
- Students request final amateurism certification beginning April 1 before enrolling in college in the fall.
- Students ask their counselor to upload their final official transcript with proof of graduation to the NCAA Eligibility Center.